Tamiya 1:14 Scania R470 Silver Prepainted Edition 56364
This is a special edition of the R/C Scania R470 truck (original: Item 56318), the stylish 4×2 model that depicts a vehicle belonging to Scania’s International Truck of the Year 2005 award-winning R Series. It is a great option for those without the time or confidence to apply a paint job to their kit, as cab parts come pre-painted in TS-17 Gloss aluminum, and given a urethane coating for a beautiful, lasting finish.
Exciting Trucking Action
This R/C model assembly kit recreates the R470 Highline, which belongs to Swedish manufacturer Scania’s International Truck of the Year 2005 award-winning R Series. It is based upon a realistic chassis with aluminum side channels and plastic cross members, with metal leaf spring suspension and internally-sprung dampers. Assembly of the 3-speed transmission is effortless, and when used with a 4-channel transmitter, it will give fans full control of realistic gear shift operations. A beautifully reproduced cabin tilts forward separately from the fenders, just like the actual truck, and the interior and exterior of the fenders themselves have also been accurately modelled for the most realistic look possible.
A painted body saves you plenty of preparation time – components such as the cab, roof, spoiler, bumper, side skirts and front fender come painted in aluminum silver, with a clear urethane topcoat for a superb finish. Assemble the parts, paint up some smaller details like window frames, and the body will be ready!
★The highly realistic cab features accurate side mirrors and more, plus a grille recreated by mesh.
★Just like on the full-size truck, the model’s cab hinges forward, leaving the fenders in place.
★3-speed transmission allows gear changes on the move when used with a separately-sold 4ch transmitter.
★The model’s realistic rear suspension setup uses metal leaf springs and plastic axle housing.
★Double rear tires provide plenty of traction, and are endowed with authentic tread patterns, too.
★A coupler is included in the kit, allowing you to pair this model with the many trailers on offer from Tamiya.
★Side skirt hides the separately-sold Multi-Function Control Unit, keeping the model’s scale realism.
★The front of the model will look great when lit up with separately sold LEDs for yet more authenticity.
★Brake lights and turn signals can also be set up to operate in conjunction with the model’s movement.
Realistic Lights, Sounds, and Vibration
Tamiya Multi-Function Control Units (available separately) offer light, sound, and vibration operation to accompany your R/C truck experience. Engine sounds have been digitally recorded from an actual truck, and together with air horn, gear shifting, and many other realistic sounds, give you the feeling that you are driving the real thing! Headlights, brake lights, fog lamp, hazard lights and turn signal operations are also at your fingertips.
Semi-Trailers Separately Available
Various types including semi-trailer, tank-trailer, and pole-trailer, are currently available. Attach any one of them via the coupler on the model to create an exciting combination over a meter in length.
●Length: 452mm, Width: 187mm, Height: 293mm, Weight (without optional parts): Approx. 3.2kg ●Wheelbase: 272mm ●Tread: 156mm (Front), 138mm (Rear, Double Tire) ●Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin Ladder Frame ●Suspension: Front/Rear Leaf Spring Rigid ●Caster Angle (Front/Rear): 0°/0° ●Camber Angle (Front/Rear): 0° ●Toe Angle: 0°(Front & Rear) ●Dampers: Aluminum Dummy Dampers (Front & Rear) ●Drivetrain: Rear Axle Drive ●Transmission: 3-gear transmission (gear shifting operated via transmitter) ●Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1 ●Diff. Gear: 3-bevel diff ●Motor: Type 540 ●Tire Width/Diameter: 22mm/83mm ●Requires four R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter (sold separately).
About the Model
• This is a 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 452mm, width: 187mm, height: 293mm.
• The classic form of the R470 is recreated accurately, complete with cab that tilts forward separately from fenders, just like on the full-sized truck. Cab, F, H, K, and M parts are molded in gray and pre-painted in Gloss aluminum (TS-17), with a urethane top coat for a stunning finish.
• Interior features such as seat and dashboard are depicted.
• 2-axle chassis utilizes ladder frame with aluminum side channels and resin cross members. Realistic drivetrain has a front mounted motor powering twin rear axles.
• 3-speed transmission can be controlled via 4ch R/C transmitter.
• Highly realistic suspension employs metal leaf springs.
• Coupler is included to enable connection with any currently available Tamiya 1/14 scale trailer.
• Compatible with a range of tractor truck option parts (TROP). Use with Multi-Function Control Unit MFC-03 (Item 56523) (or MFC-01, Item 56511) for realistic lights and sounds.
Tamiya Scania R470 Manual